You ever think: wow those librarians are always tweeting about the same thing!
Well, now you can play a game: It’s called Librarian Twitter Bingo. Every time you see a librarian’s tweet about one of the topics below, cross it off. When you get a whole row, yell “BINGO!”
PS–I myself could probably cross off at least 13 of these boxes with my own tweets, so please don’t feel like I’m picking on any librarian in particular. 🙂 – I love your tweets!
Full image on Flickr.
This is modeled after Hipster Bingo.
First off, I enjoy my job as a librarian. That hasn’t changed in the 10 years that I’ve been a librarian. So, please excuse some of my snarkiness below. It’s the Friday before Spring Break (but we all know that most librarians don’t get a Spring Break) and I needed a little fun! Here’s a list of 10 things they didn’t tell you about being a librarian. These have all happened to me, or at a library I have worked at:
- Asking a patron to stop licking the computer monitor when viewing images of French figure skater Surya Bonaly.
- You should probably memorize all of the books by their color because that’s what patrons will ask for. “Do you have that green book? You know…the big one!”
- How to get the following animals OUT of the library: bats, snakes, robins, frogs, and yes–a roadrunner.
- How to ID a peeping tom in the book stacks. And making him leave when the security officer doesn’t do his/her job.
- That someone ALWAYS wants to photocopy something the minute before closing.
- When a patron is asking for books on “poultry,” he may actually mean “poetry.”
- That senior citizens sometimes just call the library because they’re lonely. This makes me sad.
- You need to de-lice the library headphones.
- The Robert Mapplethorpe books always ends up in the men’s restroom and you will sometimes need plastic gloves to retrieve them.
- Are you allowed to keep the alcohol you find in the library? Kidding! Seriously, I’ve found everything from beer cans to Jack Daniels, and even vermouth! But I suspected the vermouth to be from a library co-worker (what college kid drinks vermouth?).
Have something to add to the list? Please share!